MAINTENANCE AND OPERATION
RELIABILITY IS KEY TO YOUR SUCCESS
High quality production ensures your aircraft leaves our factory perfect. To keep your investment in perfect condition, it needs maintenance from trained professionals. Our planned maintenance programs keep the servicing of your UAV simple and cost effective to maximize flight hours. To ensure your maintenance is simple and non-demanding, whatever the circumstances, we are always happy to help you service the aircraft. At the same time, we will train your pilots and mechanics in basic maintenance of the aircraft. Detailed maintenance guides are included in the Service Guide. Aircraft maintenance sets out a series of regular operations every 25–100–200–400 hours. It primarily involves a thorough inspection of all mechanical parts and the engine. The aircraft’s airframe and electrical system are maintenance-free. A standard spare parts package for the first 400 flight hours (FHs) per aircraft is available. The alternative 800 FHs package is convenient for intensive daily use or remote locations.
AUTOMATED MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT
Our Internet based Flight Operation System will allow you to smoothly monitor each flight and will remind you about all necessary maintenance in advance. Features include scheduling, journey logs, aircraft maintenance logs, a list of all aircraft components and order forms for spare parts, with everything coordinated to match the operations manual and directly linked over the internet to the manufacturing floor of our company. This allows Primoco to make assumptions ahead of time on the spare parts each customer will require and when, and to make sure these are always manufactured, shipped and delivered in time to keep the downtime of your aircraft to the absolute minimum.
All Primoco UAVs come with full pilots‘ and mechanics‘ training to ensure safe and efficient operation.
As per UAV/UAS standards, distinction is made between:
- External Pilot; capable of the entire aircraft manual operation from take-off to landing, plus handling all the on-board systems, and
- Internal Pilot; taught to operate all the on-board systems while the aircraft is running on autopilot.
Training lasts for 8 – 12 weeks, depending on pilot experience. The training comprises a full theoretical and practical training program with a strict emphasis on risk management and safety for the crew and the area of operation.
THEORETICAL TRAINING CONSISTS OF:
- Aviation law
- General knowledge concerning UAVs
- Flight planning and performance, risk management
- Human performance and limitations
- General navigation and radio navigation
- Operational procedures
- Principles of flight
PRACTICAL TRAINING CONSISTS OF:
- Pre-flight preparation, Risk Management
- Standard starting preparation
- Training in controlling the UAV in flight, developing a sense of how to orientate the machine
- Training in controlling the UAV without using automatic functions
- Training in controlling the UAV using automatic functions
- Ending the flight